Thursday, February 26, 2004

The Passion of The Christ:

Last night we went to see Mel Gibson's controversial new film on its opening night. So much has been written elsewhere, I would't begin to expand on it; just journal my reaction:

For 2 hours my eyes were glued to the big screen and my thoughts to a singular verse:

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

The 'endured' part was stark. But through it we glimpse the 'joy' part... our compelling hope.

Jesus the Christ loved us that much... and for no apparent reason. How awesome this 'joy', for those who put their trust in Him.

I cannot wait to see my Savior face to face.

No comments: