Wednesday, September 03, 2003

"Ministry Leaders Accountability Group"...

[copy of an email I sent to our group's leader, as the group now moves into a new phase after nearly 5 yrs of being together monthly. Btw, that's a LOT of pizza! LOL]

Eldon... Let me quickly say a giant "Thank You", brother, for spear-heading our accountability group effort for these years. Likewise to the original members who made it possible for some of the rest of us to enjoy the group. So thank you.

And I personally do not view it as a shutdown as much as an elevation... into a ACTION group. Transform Indiana is rooted in this group (and no doubt many other various types of mini-networks, and small groups praying for oneness in Christ). Speaking personally, you all have regularly been encouraging to me, and through this group I could see the value of networking (even if I did have to be the drippy faucet about new paradigm 'linking', LOLLLLL). So IndyChristian.com would have never gotten off the ground, nor been able to sustain the effort, had it not been for you guys. I will be forever grateful.

And yes, I'll continue to believe in the importance of accountability among ministry leaders. I'm absolutely no shining example of a leader -- I always only consider myself only a case-study in how NOT to do some things, or at best only a facilitator on behalf of REAL leaders -- but you've helped me via your prayers & brotherhood, more than you'll ever know.

May Transform Indiana continue to flourish via all of your participation(s)... and may it hold high the value of accountability during its meetings -- perhaps as a breakout group, or perhaps spin off some accountability groups for leaders from time to time, as needed.

I appreciate you all for your leadership & comradery because of Christ.

YBIC,
Neil

No comments: