Saturday, August 31, 2002

Ah, Saturday ! Trail-time with some of my Christian friends, Ian, Christine, Steve, Christy, and my dog "Scout" **rolling eyes**. Every week it's different... some run, some walk, some only talk, some bark. It's a great opportunity to get some exercise and at the same time get "sharpened". (Prov. 27:17) To paraphrase Charles "Tremendous" Jones, "In five years, we will be only what we are today, but for the people we meet and the books we read.... (oh yeah, Charlie... and "the sites we surf").

Backlog: (circa 1975) That reminds me of my wise old boss from years ago -- Tommy House. [I'm serious, that's really his name.]. He used to caution me, "When a person tells you they have 25 years of experience, find out if it's really only 1 year's experience, 25 times." [Whether or not I realized it as a brash young controller, I learned a lot from ol' Tommy. And even at retirement age, he was still learning... every single day. An avid reader. And he bought every innovative piece of equipment he came across. Drove my 'budget' crazy... but the business flourished. Hmmm.]

FutureLog: I think I'll re-read "The Dash". Sometimes it helps to think about our "end game", doesn't it? Funny thing, my cousin Lynda just emailed this poem to me, not knowing it's already a major bullet on my personal "Christian Scorecard (...Scorecard? What scorecard? More about that tomorrow, perhaps.).

No comments: