The CCDA national conference opening night plenary speaker was Dr. Samuel Chan. He was, in a word... awesome'.
"The illiterate of tomorrow won't be those who can't read or write, they'll be those who can't learn, unlearn and relearn."
His message... "7 Things To Unlearn"...
- It's no longer 'global' missions or 'local' missions. It's 'glocal' missions.
- Form then function? No longer. Now, just do it... do what you're passionate about... and clean up the form as you go along.
- Old models don't work like they used to. Now nobody's in charge -- but things get done.
- Independent ministry is out. Interdependence is in. We're collaborating now... and we need each other.
- Philanthropists no longer just write the check. They 'bring' the check.... and sometimes their corporate ways. Some good, some not so good. But often, the ministry changes.
- Unlearn that ministry is 'simple' any longer -- it has become hard... sometimes laden with institutional considerations.
- Ministry makes 'sense'? Nowadays, Ministry too often makes 'cents'. So we need to pipe in a refreshing new sense of humility and listening to the Spirit. He'll provide for what He's called you to do.
Like I said. Awesome.