ReadyIndy is helping area congregations to think through their readiness capabilities. Just about 'emergencies' and 'disasters'? No, daily readiness. And team readiness. For prayer, care & share(ing the Good News). That is, for daily effectiveness in carrying out the Great Commission in our city's neighborhoods.
Why? The readiness that comes from the gospel of peace! (Eph.6)
- Our God is WORTHY of 100% of Indianapolis' praise!
- Our Indianapolis friends & neighbors DESERVE to have an optimal chance of knowing Christ as Savior, Lord and have peace with Him forever!
Ok, so how DO we reach our congregations in 60-seconds... for free?
- Does your church have an official church Twitter account? (Btw, these 100 Indy churches do.) Get one. In the following example, let me use @ReadyIndy's account-name for instance...
- But btw, your people do NOT have to get an account to accomplish the following step.
- Encourage your congregation to simply text the following phrase to (short-code) 40404...
- Ok, that's it. Now they will get your tweet(s) within 60-seconds as a TEXT-MSG on their phone. They don't even have to have a smartphone.
But of course, to maintain your congregation's trust and attention, you'll want to develop a reasonable rhythm of communicating with them in this manner.
Caveat: If your main church Twitter account is used so frequently that your people do not want to have all those tweets come to them as text-messages, they can just as easily text the following phrase to 40404...
- In this case, you'd want to set up a special Twitter account for ONLY NOTIFICATION PURPOSES... eg, @ReadyIndy_notify ... and ask your congregation to turn that account on, instead.