Well.... THE JURY IS IN !!!
It's EVERYTHING I expected and MORE.
Here are the high-level answers why...
- You can't help but love the folks that run it. Joe Suh and the whole gang are personable, authentic and truly innovative Christ-followers anxious to make a difference in the way we 'do church'.
- It's totally web2.0... and thus the functionality improves as web functionality in general, improves.
- Unlike MySpace, you don't have to put up with a ton of garbage. Or even lots of ads. A number of MyChurch folks also have MySpace sites to be 'salt & light' out there; but much of their real blogging takes place at MyChurch.
- And unlike MySpace, you're not just an individual blogger there... you can easily attach your blog to a particular Church of bloggers. [Visit my church's start-up site there, for instance.]
- And they use community-mapping features to identify churches (and the bloggers associated with them) here in your own community. This is more important than most people realize, even!
- It's really really easy to blog there.... personally... and also add your post to your church's collaborative set of blogs for the day.
- And because of using RSS feeds, I can also automatically pull in my IndyChristian.com's posts into my blog-posts at MyChurch. Fantastic flexibility!
"MySpace On A Mission".